Civil Engineering, also known as the Mother of all engineering, it is the oldest, broadest, most simple and useful of all Engineering sciences. Being a broader field, Civil Engineering is divided into the following sub-categories.
- Structural Engineering
- Geo Technical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Urban Planning
- To provide quality education and training to our graduates to cope up with international standards.
- To conduct regular continuing education and community development programmes.
- To provide extension and consultancy services to Government, private, public and industrial sectors.
- To excel in Industrial Research and consultancy with appropriate national and International linkages and to maintain highest standards in the field of Civil Engineering.
- To be the best-rated departments in India and world in terms of teaching and quality, research contributions, high-end consultancy and academic leadership.
Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2009, the annual student intake at UG level of the Civil Engineering department is 120; The Department has been offering M Tech Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering with an annual intake of 24 each. In the year 2014. 2nd shift Diploma in Civil Engineering was started with an intake of 60.
To be the fountain-head of new ideas and Innovations in Civil Engineering
To offer world-class undergraduate and post-graduate education, professional consultancy, outreach and manpower training as well as leadership in Civil Engineering.
To be the highest-ranked Civil Engineering Faculty in the country and among the best-rated departments in the world in terms of teaching and quality, Research contributions, High-end consultancy, outreach and manpower Training and academic leadership.